Monday, June 30, 2008

Argh

Today was a hard day. First of all, it rained, no pored all day until just about the time that I was given my new umbrella... perfect timing. Plus, I horrifically misjudged my clothing options in an urban center, I am totally wrongly dressed as a young woman in Kolkata (and let's be honest, it is VERY problematic that I would be out of current fashion). At the college, everyone wears jeans most of the time,. My light and breezy pants are now splattered in mud, and my mediocre attempts to hand wash my landry does little to counteract the stains from setting. I think I'm going to try and die them darker, and I'm having jeans sent to me form the US (thanks Mom!). So, I'm soggy from the rain all day and totally exhausted from being woken up (again!) at 4 am by the mosque down the road. I think the prayers sound really cool, but something tells me that loud-speakers pointed directly at Mother's House are probably not going to effectively convert the Missionaries of Charity to Islam.

No comments: