Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy Independence Day (USA!!!)

Today is the Fourth of July. It's my favorite, non-Christmas holiday and I always seem to miss it! I suppose that which makes the 4th so great (the summer season) is what makes it easy to find myself overseas for the holiday. I love boating (Okies go to the lake for Independence Day), the fireworks, the BBQs, and being with both friends and family to celebrate. I am spending the 4th of July with a bunch of French friends. Clairvie is heading back to Paris tomorrow, so we're having a Bon Voyage party for her. I suppose it is not quite the same as spending Thanksgiving of 2004 in London, but I find it ironic that I'm going to a French party in Kolkata for the American Independence Day. I have decided, though, for the sake of being patriotic, I will call them my "Freedom Friends" today, instead of my 'French friends'. That sounds tres magnifique!

Happy Fourth everybody!

1 comment:

Rick Lowery said...

If this gets through, I've finally figured out how to post. Yeah!!!!
I cooked burgers and hotdogs for Tammy on the 4th. I also got her sugar free ice cream, and we had baked tostidos. I made dip from fat-free sour cream and powdered soup mix. So we had fat-free Freedom Onion dip! We missed you -- and everybody else!!! Tammy keeps asking me to send her love when I talk to you, and I keep forgetting to do so. So now I've met my obligation! Keep having fun! And keep putting up entertaining posts! Love!!!!! Dad